Zurich appoints Allianz’s SME director, David Martin as the managing director of retail.
He will take over his position in the first half of 2019, subject to regulatory approval. He succeeds David White who will take over as EMEA chief executive officer of Cover-More.
Martin spend seventeen years at Allianz, following his posting in 2001 as a national broker manager in London and let the creation of Allianz Commercial.
In 2016, he was appointed as the director of SME and corporate partnerships. He also led Allianz’s UK digital trading across all distribution channels, as well as their AI and robotics development.
Tulsi Naidu, Zurich’s UK CEO said: “He brings an impressive track record and a wealth of experience and drive that match perfectly with our own strategy and ambitions in SME and retail. We have seen transformation across our business in the last couple of years, and David will now help us capitalise on this and drive the next phase of our development and growth.”
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- O’Connor replaces Fairchild at the helm of Broker Network
- Home insurance insurtech Buzzvault launches
- Stackhouse Poland makes fourth acquisition of the year
- Ed unveils CEO Hearn’s replacement and plots Bermuda office
- Hyperion hires CFO to replace Oliver Corbett
- CBL Corporation expected to be placed in liquidation, sees further delays to watershed meeting