Polaris has hired Gallagher’s ex-chief digital officer Vivek Banga as its managing director.
Banga, pictured, will take over his new post early next year. He will replace Martin McLachlan.
Prior to joining Gallagher, Banga led online distribution activity at Brit and NIG.
Francois-Xavier Boisseau, chairman of Polaris said: “The Polaris board is delighted to have attracted a candidate with such a successful and extensive track record involving experience in both a major broker and a number of insurers.”
Banga said: “I have worked with Polaris products and standards as a client over many years and noted how they have evolved continuously to support the market. I look forward to working with the Polaris board and team to help evolve the essential services and products the company provides to the broker market.”
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- O’Connor replaces Fairchild at the helm of Broker Network
- Home insurance insurtech Buzzvault launches
- Stackhouse Poland makes fourth acquisition of the year
- CBL Corporation expected to be placed in liquidation, sees further delays to watershed meeting
- Ed unveils CEO Hearn’s replacement and plots Bermuda office
- Hyperion hires CFO to replace Oliver Corbett