Aviva has appointed David Lovely as claims director, reporting to Maurice Tulloch, chief executive for UK and Ireland general insurance.
Currently senior vice-president of global claims for Ace in the US, Lovely has previously held positions in claims and operations at Liberty Mutual, General Electric and Allianz.
Rob Townend, who was appointed deputy claims director in October 2013, will continue to run Aviva’s GI claims operations in the UK and Ireland.
Commenting on Lovely’s appointment, Tulloch said: “Dave brings nearly 30 years of insurance industry expertise and market insight to Aviva. As the UK’s leading general insurer, our number one priority is to get our customers back on their feet when they make a claim with us. Dave will help Aviva maintain its market-leading claims function, while further improving the service we provide to our customers.”
Lovely commented: “Aviva has a reputation as a company that provides exceptional support when customers need to make a claim – settling more than 2000 claims every day on average in the UK, paying out £2.6bn in 2013 – and I am excited to be taking on the challenge of leading a team that delivers world-class claims capability.”
- Zurich settles two claims from Westminster terror attacks
- ERS owners explore potential sale
- Amanda Blanc makes first appearance as ABI chair
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- CBL broker EISL stages management buyout
- Co-op hits out at software viability in IBM legal dispute
- Insurance firm director jailed for 31 false claims and Manchester Arena terror attack fraud