Biba has renewed its partnership with the DTW1991 syndicate at Lloyd’s, which will continue to provide its holiday travel scheme for another three years.
Additional cover has been added to the product, namely ‘all risk’ cancellation cover, cover for missed departure for any leg of the client’s journey and cover for pre-existing mental health conditions.
Biba first teamed up with the syndicate in 2015.
Daniel Wright, pictured left, DTW1991’s active underwriter, said: “The Biba endorsement is important to our business and key in developing our travel expertise. The renewal provided us the opportunity to review our offering in detail and to discuss feedback from our BIBA partners. Through this process we have enhanced our underwriting and claims response for the benefit of the customer.”
Steve White, pictured right, Biba CEO, said: “The team at DTW1991 has worked closely with us to respond to the changing demands of holiday travel insurance customers and we welcome the new ‘All Risks’ cancellation cover.
“Our members find this flagship scheme easy to sell and their customers will find the cover to be extensive. They have the benefit of direct access to specialist underwriters so we’re delighted to have appointed DTW1991 as the Biba Holiday Travel Scheme provider for a further three years and we look forward to working with them on this key member scheme.”
- Top 100 Insurtech: Quarter four update
- Charles Taylor bolsters liability team by hiring senior sextet from Vericlaim
- Gallagher Bassett acquires claims management firm
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- Finch and ICB owner on acquisition trail with sight set on €500m revenue by 2022
- Insurtech diary: Getting stuck into insurance
- Analysis: The mystery of the missing Insurance Fraud Taskforce report