GI operating profit fell from £49m in H1 2017 to £23m in the same period this year, which the company attributed to £17m in severe weather claims.
The company saw its GI combined ratio worsen to 95.7
- 2018 Insurance Marketing & PR Awards: Full list of winners
- Marsh's JLT deal 'could drive further M&A'
- Marsh group buys JLT for $5.6bn
- Axa sees huge spike in cavity wall installation claims
- RSA's Carolyn Mackenzie on the delicate balance struck by whiplash reforms
- Allianz splashes out on Olympics sponsorship
- Police called to Brolly offices after overnight break in