The consultation will examine how the discount rate should be set in the future and Truss has invited ‘those with evidence and expertise’ from the financial industry to take part.
This comes after
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- 30,000 Alpha policyholders to be moved to new insurer
- Insurers attack 'misleading and wholly disingenuous' discount rate impact assessment
- Analysis: Mitigating the risk of sexual harrassment in the workplace
- Aviva's Neos hopes to double UK customer base by year end
- GRP buys Lancashire-based broker
- Blog: Fires and cars - spontaneous combustion is 'use'