The Association of British Insurers has called on its members and the legal profession to work together to ensure the Ministry of Justice's new motor claims handling process is a success.
In a panel discussion, Justin Jacobs, ABI head of motor and liability, said: "We didn't exactly get what we wanted out of the MoJ reforms but we did get the most radical reform in this area for more than a decade. Now we have just 35 working days before implementation.
"Communication between insurers, intermediaries and the legal profession is very important as speed is of the essence. We need to ensure the rules work and implementation is smooth."
- Gallagher Bassett acquires claims management firm
- Finch and ICB owner on acquisition trail with sight set on €500m revenue by 2022
- Top 100 Insurtech: Quarter four update
- Green light for UK-US insurance trade deal
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- Analysis: The mystery of the missing Insurance Fraud Taskforce report
- Blog: You really need to listen before walking the walk