Wiser Academy, a training provider started by personal lines broker Be Wiser Insurance, plans to launch a new co-funded training programme for the insurance sector.
The programme, called ‘Kick Start’ is targeted at small and medium-sized brokers, with participants working towards the Chartered Insurance Institute ‘certificate in insurance’ qualification.
The training will be delivered through a virtual classroom, in which participants will also be taught business and personal skills.
Government funding will cover 90% of the cost of the programme, which begins early next year. Applications are already open.
Crescens George, CEO of Wiser Academy, said: “Wiser Academy has been bringing good quality training to the insurance community for the last six years. In this time, we noticed that one of the key barriers to people accessing professional qualifications was the cost of study materials, exams and training.
“With Kick Start, we now have a solution to the cost barrier. I would strongly urge employers to take this opportunity and allow their staff to grow through [their] organisation.”
Mark Bower-Dyke, CEO of Be Wiser Insurance and a director at Wiser Academy, said: “After working in the industry for many years, I feel it is time to start giving back and creating the next generation of insurance professionals. I hope those in the industry take advantage of this funding and provide their employees with the opportunity to up-skill.”
- Loss-making GRP spent £112.6m on acquisitions over its last financial year
- Mike Bruce promoted to GRP group managing director
- Hiscox's James Brady on why cyber knowledge remains a barrier
- I work in insurance: Stephanie Horton, River Canal Rescue
- Top 100 Insurtech: Quarter four update
- Insurtech diary: Getting stuck into insurance
- Charles Taylor bolsters liability team by hiring senior sextet from Vericlaim