Broking group Bollington Wilson has relocated to Manchester and aims to boost its headcount by 100.
Bollington and Wilson merged in late 2017. The group now controls premiums in excess of £150m.
All staff from its Altrincham corporate insurance office are moving to the recently opened Manchester headquarters, based in the Clipper House development. Some staff will also move from Cheshire.
It will continue to operate from offices in Liverpool and Cheshire.
The latest office is expected to house 200 of its employees. The group is aiming to hire an additional 100 staff in line with growth, but for now it is recruiting for 16 positions.
Bollington Wilson Group CEO, Paul Moors, pictured (right) alongside Mark Cueto (centre) and group managing director Chris Patterson (left), said: “Bollington has had several years of solid growth expanding on our core areas of corporate insurance, motor trade and care insurance, into a specialist niche and affinity insurance broker. Building on this we wanted to expand our offering and increase our market share, which resulted in the merged operations with Wilsons Insurance Group. We are now in an enviable position of having a diverse, successful base from where we can grow organically and through acquisition. To accommodate this, we have had to reassess our office spaces and Clipper House was an ideal new additional location for us.”
The office was opened by former Sale Sharks, England, and British Lions rugby union star Mark Cueto MBE. Cueto is now the commercial director at Sale Sharks.
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- O’Connor replaces Fairchild at the helm of Broker Network
- Home insurance insurtech Buzzvault launches
- Stackhouse Poland makes fourth acquisition of the year
- CBL Corporation expected to be placed in liquidation, sees further delays to watershed meeting
- Ed unveils CEO Hearn’s replacement and plots Bermuda office
- Hyperion hires CFO to replace Oliver Corbett