Broker Network-owned Saffron Insurance has acquired Hertford business insurance broker Continuum.
The addition marks the second acquisition since Saffron was itself purchased by Broker Network in January. Broker Network is aiming to grow Saffron into a regional hub, as it has done with previous purchase Finch Group.
David Beswick, Saffron’s managing director, said: “I’m delighted to be announcing this so soon after the acquisition of Grove Financial Management. We’ve got to know Bernard Murphy and his senior team well now and I have the highest regard for what they have achieved.
“We look to work with brokers that have natural synergies with Saffron Insurance as well as complementing our existing client base and product offering.
“Continuum also sees our footprint expand further across the East of England as part of our plans for growth. Their values and customer-centered focus fits our own ethos of exceeding client expectations and we are delighted to welcome them into the business.”
A spokeswoman for Broker Network confirmed to Post that Saffron is looking at further acquisitions and has a “strong pipeline” of activity.
All 15 Continuum employees including the three directors; Bernard Murphy, Neil Brady and Clive Mann will remain working from their current office.
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- O’Connor replaces Fairchild at the helm of Broker Network
- Home insurance insurtech Buzzvault launches
- Stackhouse Poland makes fourth acquisition of the year
- CBL Corporation expected to be placed in liquidation, sees further delays to watershed meeting
- Ed unveils CEO Hearn’s replacement and plots Bermuda office
- Hyperion hires CFO to replace Oliver Corbett