Towergate interim CEO Scott Egan is to join RSA as group chief financial officer and executive director with an annual salary of £525,000.
Egan, previously CFO at Towergate, Brit Insurance Holdings and Zurich Financial Services, is expected to start the role in quarter four.
Stephen Hester, RSA group CEO, said: "[Egan] is an outstanding professional who will strengthen our team and bring excellent skills and in-depth knowledge and experience of the insurance industry."
Egan added: "I am incredibly excited to be joining RSA and I am looking forward to working with Stephen and his team as well as the board in cementing a bright future for the company."
As well as his salary, Egan will be eligible to participate in RSA's incentive plans and receive other employment benefits.
John Tiner, Towergate chairman, said: "I would like to thank Scott for his significant contribution to Towergate and the leading role he played in securing the group's successful restructuring and recapitalisation."
- Zurich settles two claims from Westminster terror attacks
- ERS owners explore potential sale
- Amanda Blanc makes first appearance as ABI chair
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Co-op hits out at software viability in IBM legal dispute
- CBL broker EISL stages management buyout
- Insurance firm director jailed for 31 false claims and Manchester Arena terror attack fraud