Australian giant QBE has hired from QBE-owned regional insurer Elders Insurance for a distribution role.
Craig Mauger has been named regional manager, Northern region broker distribution within QBE’s Australia and New Zealand business. Mauger commenced his role on 27 November and is based in QBE’s Brisbane office with responsibility for all of Queensland.
Mauger was previously regional manager for the Eastern region at Elders.
QBE’s general manager broker distribution, intermediary distribution Jason Hammond commented: “Craig has a wealth of industry experience and strengths in relationship management and delivering great customer outcomes.”
“Craig brings a strong level of leadership to the role and will be a valuable addition to the broker distribution national leadership team. Having been based in our Brisbane office, Craig is well known to the team in Queensland and is excited about the opportunity to work with the team to deliver on our 2018 plans.”
- Zurich settles two claims from Westminster terror attacks
- ERS owners explore potential sale
- Amanda Blanc makes first appearance as ABI chair
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Co-op hits out at software viability in IBM legal dispute
- CBL broker EISL stages management buyout
- Insurance firm director jailed for 31 false claims and Manchester Arena terror attack fraud