The All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance & Financial Services will continue its autumn programme by tackling two of the most high profile issues facing the insurance industry: claims management companies and compensation.
Regulation of Claims Management Companies
20 October – Committee Room 17 – 4:30 – 5:30
Steve Maddock, managing director, claims and business services, Direct Line
Martin Milliner, claims director, LV
Kevin Rousell, the head of claims management regulation, Ministry of Justice
Financial Services Compensation Scheme: An overview of current developments and future challenges
24 November - Committee Room 17 – 4:30 – 5:30
Mark Neale, CEO, FSCS
Both meetings are open to the public. If you are attending you should allow plenty of time to enter the Palace of Westmister as the queues for public admission can sometimes be very long.
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- Money Supermarket clone site shut down
- Blog: Fires and cars - spontaneous combustion is 'use'
- Victor names incoming UK boss
- Ecclesiastical hauled over coals in child abuse inquiry
- Hastings reveals Ogden rate hit
- Young driver curfew plans 'could have deadly consequences'