The Fire Protection Association called for a range of measures to improve fire safety when it met members of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance & Financial Services last night (10 June).
The three issues the FPA tackled were
• Solving the Unwanted and False Automatic Fire Alarm Issue
• Sprinkler protection of warehouses
• Suitability of building regulations for addressing MMC fire challenges
Their full presentation can be downloaded FPA Presentation and a report and minutes from the meeting will be available soon.
With great sadness we confirm that Sir David Rowland, our former Chairman from 1993 to 1997, has passed away. He played a critical role in safeguarding the future of the Lloyd’s market through perhaps its most difficult period.— Lloyd's (@LloydsofLondon) February 18, 2019
More: https://t.co/2cS2H7c8Tk pic.twitter.com/jzL5UnIx4x
- Ageas UK closes in on chief risk officer
- FCA gives wholesale broking market a clean bill of health
- Ageas UK says long goodbye to Ogden impact as CEO Watson hails ‘strong’ motor performance
- Fly BMI collapse highlights insurance gap
- Ageas management shakeup continues as Jonathan Price joins as CFO from Aspen
- Markerstudy Gibraltar business cost Qatar Re owner £37.9m
- Chip shop worker jailed for £248,000 fraud