Cardinus Risk Management’s CEO Andy Hawkes has been elected president of International Institute of Risk and Safety Management.
Hawkes has been a trustee and council member of IIRSM for several years and was the inaugural chair of the technical committee.
He has worked in the insurance and risk management sector for over 35 years and is an associate of the chartered insurance institute and a chartered insurance practitioner.
Andy Hawkes said: “It is an honour to be able to serve the members as president at a time when the role of the professional risk manager has never been so important to businesses and the public at large.
“Our profession is critical to business success and saving lives and in an increasingly complex and uncertain world it will be our profession that addresses and solves many of the key issues we all face.”
The IIRSM is a professional body for health and safety practitioners and specialists in related fields who have a health and safety remit.
It has more than 7500 members in more than 70 countries and was set up to advance standards in accident prevention and occupational health throughout the world.
- British Insurance Awards: Young blood - Young Achiever Winners then and now
- ABI backs ethnicity pay gap reporting proposals
- Qatar Re ‘not involved’ in Markerstudy's £185m Co-op deal
- Blog: Telematics data delivers claims validation yet insurers forego the facts
- Majority of cyber policies are 'flawed'
- Axa UK appoints COO from Hiscox
- Markerstudy buys Co-op Insurance for £185m