The reinsurer’s P&C combined operating ratio deteriorated from 93.3% in Q1 2016 to 95.6% in Q1 2017; after tax P&C profits fell from $587m to $321m.
Swiss Re was hit hard in Australia and New Zealand
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Marsh's JLT deal 'could drive further M&A'
- Insurance firm director jailed for 31 false claims and Manchester Arena terror attack fraud
- Blog: Loss adjusters are developing new skills to tackle escape of water claims
- RSA's Carolyn Mackenzie on the delicate balance struck by whiplash reforms
- Lloyd’s sees diminished results even as it shrugs off 2017 losses
- Amanda Blanc makes first appearance as ABI chair