A $75m business interruption and property damage claim arising from a fire that destroyed a chemica...A $75m business interruption and property damage claim arising from a
fire that destroyed a chemical plant in the Czech Republic has left
insurers facing the largest insured fire loss in Czech history.
The Spolchemie plant in Usti nad Labem, which caught fire on 22 November,
is co-insured by local insurers Ceska Pojistovna, Kooperativa and IPB.
About 90% of the loss is expected to fall to reinsurers and is likely to
intensify their calls for a reduction in co-insurance in the Czech
- Turn to p26 for a full report on the Czech market.
Click here for a
Špdf of this story
- Zurich settles two claims from Westminster terror attacks
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Amanda Blanc makes first appearance as ABI chair
- ERS owners explore potential sale
- Customers in line for compensation as UK broker fails
- Insurance firm director jailed for 31 false claims and Manchester Arena terror attack fraud
- Zurich CUO takes on RSA UK role