Bermuda-based Colonial Insurance Group is to set up its own reinsurance arm.
The new company will be used to self-insure some of the company's catastrophe insurance issued in the Caribbean region.
- Start-up motor MGA to target £20m premium in first year
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Co-op hits out at software viability in IBM legal dispute
- Video: Crif's Sara Costantini on improving fraud detection in commercial lines
- Supply chain focus: How ADAS is shifting the goalposts in motor repair
- Insurers warn of red tape burden from EU green cards
- MGAs roundtable: What does the future hold for managing general agents?