Axa Corporate Solutions Re and Renaissance Re are to take stakes in catastrophe insurance specialist ...Axa Corporate Solutions Re and Renaissance Re are to take stakes in catastrophe insurance specialist International Catastrophe Insurance Managers (ICAT Managers).
Axa has made a $3m equity investment in ICAT Managers and will take a seat on its board of directors. It has also made available a $2m line of credit.
Renaissance Re is to convert a previously extended $1.5m note to equity.
ICAT Managers, which is based in Colorado, was formed in 1998 and underwrites earthquake and windstorm cover for commercial properties throughout the US.
- Zurich settles two claims from Westminster terror attacks
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- ERS owners explore potential sale
- Amanda Blanc makes first appearance as ABI chair
- Insurance firm director jailed for 31 false claims and Manchester Arena terror attack fraud
- CBL broker EISL stages management buyout
- Customers in line for compensation as UK broker fails