Rating agency Standard & Poor's is reviewing its 'BB+' (marginal) ratings of Bermuda-based ESG Re gr...Rating agency Standard & Poor's is reviewing its 'BB+' (marginal)
ratings of Bermuda-based ESG Re group. S&P is concerned about pressure on
the group's capitalisation from losses and plans to repurchase stock. ESG
Re made a loss of $10.2m in the first quarter of the year. Ratings on
ESG's operations in Bermuda, Ireland and Germany were lowered from 'BBB'
(good) in March.
- Zurich settles two claims from Westminster terror attacks
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- ERS owners explore potential sale
- Amanda Blanc makes first appearance as ABI chair
- Insurance firm director jailed for 31 false claims and Manchester Arena terror attack fraud
- CBL broker EISL stages management buyout
- Customers in line for compensation as UK broker fails