Swiss Re, the world's second-largest reinsurer, has reported a 2000 net profit rise of 21% 2.97bn Swi...Swiss Re, the world's second-largest reinsurer, has reported a 2000 net profit rise of 21% 2.97bn Swiss francs, citing an improvement in its non-life business. It also confirmed it is to acquire Conning Corp, an affiliate of MetLife, which specialises in asset management for insurance company investment portfolios.
The group said the acquisition would significantly strengthen its new financial services business group. It did not give any terms for the transaction.
Swiss Re said the earnings rise in 2000 reflected a record return from investments and strong improvements in non-insurance insurance business. It added that it expected further improvements this year.
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- O’Connor replaces Fairchild at the helm of Broker Network
- Home insurance insurtech Buzzvault launches
- Stackhouse Poland makes fourth acquisition of the year
- CBL Corporation expected to be placed in liquidation, sees further delays to watershed meeting
- Ed unveils CEO Hearn’s replacement and plots Bermuda office
- Hyperion hires CFO to replace Oliver Corbett