Lloyd's, Bermuda and US (re)insurer Omega Underwriting has unveiled interim results showing profit before tax up 119% to $20.4m (2006: $9.3m) on a benign combined ratio of 82% (2006: 86%).
- Video: Insurers and claimant lawyers react to whiplash reform
- Sabre delivers COR of 68.5% following IPO
- Underlying performance needs to improve, says Lloyd’s CFO
- Lloyd’s struck by £2bn loss from nat cats
- Zurich appoints former RSA boss Robinson as chief underwriting officer
- Insurance leaders pledge to pass on personal injury reform savings
- Ombudsman launches review following undercover investigation