GE Frankona Re, the European operations of GE Employers Re, is to pay £200 000 ($295 000) for a 25% s...GE Frankona Re, the European operations of GE Employers Re, is to pay £200 000 ($295 000) for a 25% stake in Underwriting Direct, a provider of electronic underwriting services to life insurers.
Underwriting Direct, which was formed last year, aims to provide third-party underwriting services to insurers, reassurers and third-party administrators using a software package called Delius (direct electronic life insurance underwriting system).
Underwriting Direct currently has two life insurance company clients.
- Whiplash bill clears final hurdle before receiving Royal Assent
- Insurers warned a 'robust' system will be in place to monitor discount rate savings
- Motor insurers paying out record £23m in claims every day
- Four insurance businesses among latest Women in Finance Charter signatories
- Rising star: Declan Shaw, Cowens
- Staff at collapsed RIIG owed thousands in unpaid wages
- Relaunched insurer Folgate to write £35m in first year