The blackout that left 50 million people without power in North America in August caused at least $75m in damages, according to the property claims service unit of the Insurance Services Office.
- Relaunched insurer Folgate to write £35m in first year
- Staff at collapsed RIIG owed thousands in unpaid wages
- Insured losses for the California wildfires could hit $13bn
- Passporting ‘unlikely’ under terms of Brexit deal
- RSA pulls out of three London market lines
- FSCS issues warning over insurer records
- FSCS mulls raising levies on brokers using unrated