The blackout that left 50 million people without power in North America in August caused at least $75m in damages, according to the property claims service unit of the Insurance Services Office.
With great sadness we confirm that Sir David Rowland, our former Chairman from 1993 to 1997, has passed away. He played a critical role in safeguarding the future of the Lloyd’s market through perhaps its most difficult period.— Lloyd's (@LloydsofLondon) February 18, 2019
More: https://t.co/2cS2H7c8Tk pic.twitter.com/jzL5UnIx4x
- Court throws out claim that would have created 'fraudsters' charter'
- Employees of Call Connection file claim in ongoing administration
- Drivers in autonomous vehicles 'shouldn't be held liable'
- Ageas UK CEO Andy Watson issues caution on Brexit claims inflation impact
- Theft of funds claims increase by 14% in UK
- Axa UK shifts focus to commercial as it makes profit
- Former Lloyd's chairman Sir David Rowland passes away