Last week Penny attended the highlight of the risk manager's social calendar - Airmic 2015.
Aside from goody bags filled to the brim with jelly beans, countless notebooks and even a portable smartphone charger, Penny also mastered the art of posing in a photobooth, with the lovely chaps at Crawford & Company.
An invaluable skill, as Penny is something of a celebrity in those circles, after all. Less lovely was the discovery that one of her esteemed industry contacts had popped back to his hotel to change his suit before RSA's notoriously raucous drinks bash - to ensure he avoided getting vomit on his good suit.
Penny appreciates that forewarned is forearmed, but was thankful for her iron constitution.
Follow Penny on Twitter
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- Money Supermarket clone site shut down
- Blog: Fires and cars - spontaneous combustion is 'use'
- Ecclesiastical hauled over coals in child abuse inquiry
- Hastings reveals Ogden rate hit
- Victor names incoming UK boss
- Allianz and LV win big at 2019 British Insurance Awards: Full list of winners