Scott heads up CNA Europe's technology and cyber risk business unit. He is responsible for developing and executing a strategy that supports profitable growth, and manages a team of 14 underwriters in seven countries across Europe.
Scott is the vice chair of the IUA Committee for Cyber. CNA are also a Founding member of CRIF (Cyber Risk and Insurance Forum).
Scott has over 10 years' dedicated experience as a technology and cyber underwriter and broker. His insurance career began when he joined Alexander Forbes as a new business insurance broker in London.
In 2004 Scott joined CFC Underwriting Ltd, a niche Lloyd's underwriting agency specialising as a Tech PI and Cyber underwriter. As part of the team he was responsible for growing their book of business and distribution channels that spanned numerous territories. During his time there Scott executed on a strategy that helped grow the company from 6 to 60 employees.
Prior to joining CNA Hardy Scott ran his own insurance business using his knowledge and expertise to provide clients with trusted advice on how to manage their technology and cyber risks.
A key highlight of Scott's career has been to travel to and write business in over 30 countries across the globe - gaining insight into unique risks and the complicated regulatory framework across the globe. This experience has positioned him well to confidently write tech and cyber business on a worldwide basis.
- FCA announces crackdown over treatment of vulnerable customers
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- Hiscox floats seized ship cover as Iran Gulf tensions threaten premiums
- Blog: Home insurance - the rise of non-standard
- Insurers attack 'misleading and wholly disingenuous' discount rate impact assessment
- Investment returns drive Beazley half-year profit as it strengthens cat reserves
- 30,000 Alpha policyholders to be moved to new insurer