Mike Jones is president of CILA
Mike began his career with Robins Fletcher in Yorkshire in 1981 where he trained as a property adjuster, covering personal lines and commercial losses. Having qualified as a Chartered Loss Adjuster, he opened an office in Nottingham in 1990 but left the business to join Cunningham Hart in London in 1995.
His senior management career began when that business merged with Ellis & Buckle and he joined the main board of the new company in 2000. Mike re-joined GAB Robins in 2007 as chief operating officer from Cunningham Lindsey where he was a main board director with specific responsibility for UK loss adjusting.
In March 2015, he was appointed Chief Operating Officer, UK & Ireland, at Crawford.
Throughout his career Mike has been an active participant in both the Chartered Insurance Institute, being president of the Nottingham Institute in 1995, as well as the Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters where he is currently president.
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- Insurers attack 'misleading and wholly disingenuous' discount rate impact assessment
- Blog: Fires and cars - spontaneous combustion is 'use'
- This week: Gaukward moment for insurers following Ogden change
- Aviva's Neos hopes to double UK customer base by year end
- Analysis: Mitigating the risk of sexual harrassment in the workplace
- Allianz in 'advanced negotiations' with partners to launch open platform