Home Let is trialling an initiative that allows employees to take one day's paid leave per annum to undertake community activities and projects in support of the Prince's Trust.
As part of the Barbon Insurance Group, the trial at Home Let is being offered to all staff as part of the group's 'Give something back' campaign. This commitment to the community has seen 20 applications so far from employees, who will work with young people at the Trust, with a view to rolling the scheme out across the entire group.
Home Let managing director John Boyle said: "This partnership with the Prince's Trust gives our employees the opportunity to volunteer to support young people who are preparing to enter the world of work. It also gives them the chance for personal development by undertaking training, coaching or even being a buddy to a young person in the office."
Plans are now underway at Home Let to match volunteering opportunities to the company's budding coaches and volunteers and to ensure that they have the correct skill set to take on the responsibility.
- Loss-making GRP spent £112.6m on acquisitions over its last financial year
- Hiscox names former claims boss as UK CEO
- Hiscox's James Brady on why cyber knowledge remains a barrier
- Mike Bruce promoted to GRP group managing director
- Top 100 Insurtech: Quarter four update
- Marsh boss joins GRP-backed Marshall Wooldridge
- I work in insurance: Stephanie Horton, River Canal Rescue