AUGUST 2004 - Broker Direct adds the AIG-underwritten Young Driver to its policy range, aimed at 19...
- Broker Direct adds the AIG-underwritten Young Driver to its policy range, aimed at 19 to 26-year-olds.
- Bryan Tedford becomes US casualty manager for AIG Europe. Based in London, Mr Tedford takes over responsibility for underwriting casualty programmes, developing broker and risk manager relations. He will also be responsible for providing servicing and risk management expertise to UK and Irish member company clients with US exposures.
- Underwrites broker Acumen Insurance's mugging and road-rage insurance cover. Body Guard offers up to £25,000 for death and permanent injury, £100 per night for hospital stays up to 30 nights and no excess to pay, with premiums of approximately £17 a year.
- Tops a report ranking the largest 10 commercial insurers in the UK. Using data from financial returns, Dr Deborah Pretty, principal at Oxford Metrica, concludes: "AIG has performed consistently well over many years under strong management. It is the only firm to rank in the top three for each dimension of financial size and strength."
- Appointed by low-cost regional airline Thomsonfly as travel insurance provider.
- Teams up with Sainsbury's Bank to launch a private medical insurance policy, claiming cost will be two-thirds less than traditional policies, although some conditions, which it argues are available just as well on the NHS, are stripped out.
- A new policy, Office + Disaster Recovery, is launched as AIG Europe bids for a slice of the small and medium-sized enterprise market.
- Travel and personal accident underwriting agency BSU appoints AIG Europe to be sole provider for its new personal lines travel insurance products Escape and Escape Gold.
GWP 2003: £1.85 billion
UK head office: The AIG Building, 58 Fenchurch Street, London. EC3M 4AB. Tel: 020 7954 7000 Fax: 020 7954 7001 E-mail: [email protected] Website: www.aigeurope.co.uk
No of regional offices (UK): 10
Worldwide offices: Operations in 130 countries and jurisdictions.
Chief executive and key personnel: Dan Glaser, managing director; Mike Giblin, assistant managing director; Mike Whitwell, assistant managing director; Steve Eckhardt, claims director; Nigel Childs, finance director; Nicola Maclennan, senior vice-president, marketing; Alan Reid, major risks; Tom Doherty, corporate risks.
Major shareholders: AIG Europe (UK) is a general agent.
Main lines of business: Accident and health; aviation; general liability; financial lines; energy; property; trade and political risk; environmental; crisis management; marine.
Total no of employees: Approximately 1500
Agency base: Approximately 1500
Information: New Hampshire.
- Gallagher Bassett acquires claims management firm
- Finch and ICB owner on acquisition trail with sight set on €500m revenue by 2022
- Top 100 Insurtech: Quarter four update
- Green light for UK-US insurance trade deal
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- Analysis: The mystery of the missing Insurance Fraud Taskforce report
- Blog: You really need to listen before walking the walk