Group Head Office XL House 70 Gracechurch Street London EC3V 0XL Tel: 020 7933 7000 www.xl...
Group Head Office
70 Gracechurch Street
London EC3V 0XL
Tel: 020 7933 7000
A YEAR IN THE NEWS
OCTOBER - DECEMBER 2005
- October: Expands its London-based fine art and specie unit with the appointments of Michael Moss, David Scully, Clare Pardy, Susie Collier and Mark Bosshard.
- October: Fitch Ratings downgrades ratings of parent XL Capital and its property and casualty reinsurance subsidiaries by one notch.
- November: XL Capital announces a net third-quarter loss of $1.05bn (£595m), following the impact of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
JANUARY - MARCH 2006
- January: Pulls out of joint venture with Ace into Sovereign Risk Insurance.
- January: XL Capital appoints Eileen McCusker as chief operating officer for the UK and Ireland regions.
- January: XL Capital opens a representative office in Beijing, and announces plans to start an insurance joint venture in Brazil with Banco Itau.
APRIL - JUNE 2006
- April: XL Capital announces a management restructuring, with the current president and chief executive officer, Brian O'Hara, taking a back seat.
- April: XL Insurance launches a directors' and officers' product, which is specifically tailored to UK directors in light of "greater shareholder activism".
JULY - SEPTEMBER 2006
- July: Security Capital Assurance, the credit reinsurer being spun off from XL, announces the terms of its impending New York Stock Exchange initial public offering.
- Top 100 Insurtech: Quarter four update
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- I work in insurance: Stephanie Horton, River Canal Rescue
- Charles Taylor bolsters liability team by hiring senior sextet from Vericlaim
- Travel insurtech Pluto begins beta test
- Insurtech diary: Getting stuck into insurance
- Gallagher Bassett acquires claims management firm