In this case the Court of Appeal scrutinised the so-called Fairchild exception to the 'but for' causation rule.
The claimant was employed as a turkey plucker. She was provided with gloves and aprons
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- Money Supermarket clone site shut down
- Blog: Fires and cars - spontaneous combustion is 'use'
- Ecclesiastical hauled over coals in child abuse inquiry
- Hastings reveals Ogden rate hit
- Victor names incoming UK boss
- Allianz and LV win big at 2019 British Insurance Awards: Full list of winners