A recent judgement involving BT seems to suggest that claimants can now include previously excluded costs in their claims. Vanessa Winspeare explains the implications.
DAMAGES ARE defined in the
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- Insurers attack 'misleading and wholly disingenuous' discount rate impact assessment
- Aviva's Neos hopes to double UK customer base by year end
- Ecclesiastical hauled over coals in child abuse inquiry
- This week: Gaukward moment for insurers following Ogden change
- Blog: Fires and cars - spontaneous combustion is 'use'
- 30,000 Alpha policyholders to be moved to new insurer