Global specialty insurer, Starstone have announced that they have appointed John Hendrickson as group CEO.
Starstone writes business across the property, casualty and specialty risk classes, and also operates at Lloyd’s through Syndicate 1301, predominantly underwriting marine, aviation and property risks.
The appointment comes after the departure of Demian Smith, who resigned in September.
Hendrickson, pictured, most recently served as director of strategy, risk management and corporate development at Validus Group.
He was previously a managing partner of SFRi LLC, an insurance-specialised investment and advisory firm, of which he was also a founder.
He has also held roles at Swiss Re including head of their merchant banking division, Capital Partners, and managing partner of Securitas Capital.
Commenting on his appointment, Hendrickson said: “Despite prevailing pricing, geopolitical and regulatory challenges, Starstone has good fundamentals and opportunities for profitable growth, and we will look to further solidify and advance our global offering while positioning the business for the future.”
Dominic Silvester, CEO of Starstone’s parent company Enstar, said: “Starstone remains a key part of the Enstar Group, and we are confident in John’s ability to optimise the business moving forward as a distinguished, multi-platform specialty insurer.”
- Analysis: The mystery of the missing Insurance Fraud Taskforce report
- Green light for UK-US insurance trade deal
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- Travel insurtech Pluto begins beta test
- O’Connor replaces Fairchild at the helm of Broker Network
- Blog: What workplace inequality means for insurers
- Majority of customers support a ban on dual pricing