According to a Sunday Times obituary, Mills was considered an upstart by the old guard at Lloyd’s when he joined the market in 1948 with Bland Welch, a small insurance broker with a staff of 38.
- British Insurance Awards: Young blood - Young Achiever Winners then and now
- Markerstudy buys Co-op Insurance for £185m
- Majority of cyber policies are 'flawed'
- Aston Lark signals Ireland ambitions with acquisition of Robertson Low
- Ex-Towergate boss appointed MD of GRP’s Green Insurance
- We Go Look co-founder steps down from CEO role
- Car and home premiums increase over last quarter