According to a Sunday Times obituary, Mills was considered an upstart by the old guard at Lloyd’s when he joined the market in 1948 with Bland Welch, a small insurance broker with a staff of 38.
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Blog: Loss adjusters are developing new skills to tackle escape of water claims
- CII warns 'long way to go' even as gender pay gap numbers fall
- Amanda Blanc makes first appearance as ABI chair
- Zurich CUO takes on RSA UK role
- Marsh's JLT deal 'could drive further M&A'
- Customers in line for compensation as UK broker fails