Private investment firm Ardian has begun negotiations to sell the Siaci Saint Honore group to private equity player Charterhouse.
Following the transaction, Charterhouse will become the main shareholder in the French insurance broker and the group’s management team will take a majority stake in the business.
Edmond de Rothschild, long-standing shareholder of the group, will dispose of its stake as part of the transaction.
Charterhouse will work to expand the group’s growth and develop the business into an independent player in the market; it is understood that Ardian may continue to support the group as it continues its growth.
The transaction is expected to happen September 2018 and is subject to regulatory approval as well as the consideration of the works council of the group.
- Aviva promises to 'reinvent' insurance and end dual pricing
- Brightside winds up lawsuits under Brendan McCafferty
- Government call for evidence over discount rate revision
- Gallagher opens new Eastern regional office
- Analysis: How most favoured nation clauses fell out of favour
- Gallagher acquires South West commercial broker
- Roundtable: The new wave: time to disrupt the disruptors