Because Scotland’s courts are unable to rule for periodical payments on most settlements, insurers could be faced with huge upfront costs on claims, said Frank Hughes, partner at BLM’s Glasgow office.
- Relaunched insurer Folgate to write £35m in first year
- Staff at collapsed RIIG owed thousands in unpaid wages
- Insured losses for the California wildfires could hit $13bn
- Passporting ‘unlikely’ under terms of Brexit deal
- FSCS issues warning over insurer records
- RSA pulls out of three London market lines
- FSCS mulls raising levies on brokers using unrated