Brightside is hiring a chief operating officer now that managing director of insurance David Sweeney has left the Bristol-based broker.
Sweeney’s departure and the hunt for a COO comes after Brightside was hit with a £10.2m loss in 2017.
Brightside CEO Brendan McCafferty said: “I have made clear that to thrive and prosper in the future, brokers need to build scale, to be active in niche business and to fully embrace digital.
“Brightside is now some distance along the path to becoming fully digitised, but I want to give additional focus, via the new COO role, to executing this part of our strategy in full and across the group as we move into 2019.”
- Loss-making GRP spent £112.6m on acquisitions over its last financial year
- Mike Bruce promoted to GRP group managing director
- Hiscox's James Brady on why cyber knowledge remains a barrier
- I work in insurance: Stephanie Horton, River Canal Rescue
- Top 100 Insurtech: Quarter four update
- Insurtech diary: Getting stuck into insurance
- Charles Taylor bolsters liability team by hiring senior sextet from Vericlaim