Brightside is hiring a chief operating officer now that managing director of insurance David Sweeney has left the Bristol-based broker.
Sweeney’s departure and the hunt for a COO comes after Brightside was hit with a £10.2m loss in 2017.
Brightside CEO Brendan McCafferty said: “I have made clear that to thrive and prosper in the future, brokers need to build scale, to be active in niche business and to fully embrace digital.
“Brightside is now some distance along the path to becoming fully digitised, but I want to give additional focus, via the new COO role, to executing this part of our strategy in full and across the group as we move into 2019.”
- Top 100 Insurtech: Quarter four update
- Charles Taylor bolsters liability team by hiring senior sextet from Vericlaim
- Gallagher Bassett acquires claims management firm
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- Finch and ICB owner on acquisition trail with sight set on €500m revenue by 2022
- Insurtech diary: Getting stuck into insurance
- Analysis: The mystery of the missing Insurance Fraud Taskforce report