Gallagher has opened a new office in Ipswich, bringing together teams from its existing branch in the city and the team from its now-closed Feering branch.
It comes as Gallagher experiences sustained growth in the region, with revenues up nearly 50% in the last four years.
The Feering branch, outside of Colchester, closed on Friday.
David Anderson, pictured third from left, Gallagher’s regional managing director for the East, said: “We already employ nearly 100 insurance professionals in the East with over 70 in Ipswich alone, so this investment will see Ipswich become an even more important commercial hub for the region, while giving us the space to press ahead with our strategic development plans and create opportunities for future business growth, whether organic or via merger and acquisition activities.
“The move is also part of our commitment to always look at how best to bring together our team capabilities and breadth of expertise for the benefit of our customers.
“Investing in the creation of a new regional office in Ipswich not only underlines our commitment to the local area but also our commitment to providing on-the-ground expertise and unrivalled specialist insurance and risk management solutions to help firms across the region and beyond protect and grow their businesses.”
- Loss-making GRP spent £112.6m on acquisitions over its last financial year
- Mike Bruce promoted to GRP group managing director
- Hiscox's James Brady on why cyber knowledge remains a barrier
- I work in insurance: Stephanie Horton, River Canal Rescue
- Top 100 Insurtech: Quarter four update
- Insurtech diary: Getting stuck into insurance
- Marsh boss joins GRP-backed Marshall Wooldridge