The County Group has made its second acquisition of the year, having acquired Derby-based broker Rahon Insurance.
Rahon Insurance specialises in SME, commercial combined, leisure, motor fleet, motor trade and property owners. It was purchased for an undisclosed sum.
GRP-owned County expects to close further deals over the next few months, CEO Dave Clapp revealed.
Clapp said: “We continue to focus on acquiring commercial broking businesses that bring something different to the group and have the potential for growth.
“This acquisition, and our very strong pipeline, are evidence of the attraction of our model for owners looking to create value from their life’s work.”
County is expected to double in size over the next five years, GRP CEO Mike Bruce confirmed. GRP has maintained since it bought County Group that the firm would target “strong acquisitive growth.”
Bruce added: “County Group has made no secret of its ambition to double in size during the next five years, through a mix of organic growth and strategic acquisitions.”
Consolidator GRP now controls over £700m in gross written premiums.
- Analysis: The mystery of the missing Insurance Fraud Taskforce report
- Green light for UK-US insurance trade deal
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- Travel insurtech Pluto begins beta test
- O’Connor replaces Fairchild at the helm of Broker Network
- Majority of customers support a ban on dual pricing
- Blog: What workplace inequality means for insurers