Durkan has previously held senior roles at JLT, Marsh and Gallagher.
He will report to THB Met CEO Darren Nightingale, who oversees THB’s Lloyd’s broker’s marine, energy and transport divisions.
- Motor insurers paying out record £23m in claims every day
- Insurers warned a 'robust' system will be in place to monitor discount rate savings
- Relaunched insurer Folgate to write £35m in first year
- Staff at collapsed RIIG owed thousands in unpaid wages
- Polaris appoints Gallagher’s Vivek Banga as MD
- Blog: Who Monitors Wins
- FSCS mulls raising levies on brokers using unrated