Former Integro bosses John Sutton and Toby Humphreys have been appointed to lead a specialty and wholesale platform at broker Beach.
The hires, alongside former colleague Simon Haggas, represent a move by Beach into the London market.
Sutton, pictured, said the pair had been beset by job offers from other firms since leaving Integro in March last year.
Sutton and Humphreys have worked for the UK business of Integro since the acquisition of their firm Humphreys Haggas Sutton & Co in 2005 by US-based Integro.
The UK operation has grown to over 500 employees and $120m (£98.6m) in revenue.
Beach CEO Grahame Millwater said: “Beach is evolving rapidly as we continue building a world class reinsurance and specialty platform.
“We are now committed to developing a London-based wholesale operation within Beach, which will have a broad insurance and specialty focus.”
Millwater said Sutton, Humphreys and Haggas had “a proven track record in building and expanding independent wholesale broker operations”.
Vigour and ethos
Sutton said: “We have been flattered by a number of attractive options from broking firms and potential investors in the last year, but the opportunity presented by Beach is unique and impossible to pass up.”
Humphreys said the three would build the team “with the same vigour and ethos for which Beach is known”.
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- O’Connor replaces Fairchild at the helm of Broker Network
- Home insurance insurtech Buzzvault launches
- Stackhouse Poland makes fourth acquisition of the year
- CBL Corporation expected to be placed in liquidation, sees further delays to watershed meeting
- Ed unveils CEO Hearn’s replacement and plots Bermuda office
- Hyperion hires CFO to replace Oliver Corbett