With the great and the good of the general insurance industry’s trade press summoned to a lunch by broking stalwart Stuart Reid, Post Towers was alive with speculation regarding the future of the Bluefin boss.
Was he about to announce his retirement following his move ‘upstairs' to take on the role of executive chairman? Or was he perhaps on the cusp of replacing Sandy Scott as CEO of the Chartered Insurance Institute? Whatever the reason, Penny needed no extra incentive to attend the Wednesday afternoon soirée on the King's Road in Chelsea after being assured by a Bluefin insider that the meal would be washed down with "buckets of wine".
As it turned out, the ‘big announcement' never materialised as the lunch was simply an excuse for the notoriously gregarious Reid to introduce other members of his senior team - a turn of events that was never in danger of disappointing, as the conversation flowed as well the wine.
- Flagging personal lines see Covéa's profits slashed
- Andy Briggs to depart from Aviva
- I work in insurance: Dene Rowe, innovation director, Keoghs
- Pro Global snaps up Vibe MGA Management
- Brightside appoints former Swinton distribution director as group COO
- Blog: Claim sharing – the insurance alternative that cuts out the regulator
- Handl Group grows its medical and treatment portfolio