Category 2 Typhoon Lan has dropped heavy rain and brought strong winds along the Pacific coast of Japan, Tokyo and the north-east.
Three people have been killed and 10 people have been injured by the overnight storm, while over 700 flights were cancelled on Sunday and Monday.
The typhoon brought heavy rain to Japan’s islands, mudslides and flooding.
In Koriyama, a city north of Tokyo, 80,000 people were ordered to evacuate as a river neared the top of its banks.
- Zurich settles two claims from Westminster terror attacks
- ERS owners explore potential sale
- Amanda Blanc makes first appearance as ABI chair
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Co-op hits out at software viability in IBM legal dispute
- CBL broker EISL stages management buyout
- Insurance firm director jailed for 31 false claims and Manchester Arena terror attack fraud