The next meeting of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance & Financial Services on Tuesday 15 March will take a broad look at some of the many issues raised by the extensive flooding in the north of England and southern Scotland during December and January.
MPs and Peers will hear from a range of organisations, including Flood Re, which will be just weeks away from its formal launch. It will examine the industry's response to the floods and the future challenges involved in coping with ever more severe incidents and more extensive flooding.
The meeting is open to the public. If you are attending you are advised to allow plenty of time to get through security and find your way to the committee room which is some way from the public entrance.
TUESDAY 15 MARCH 2016, Committee Room 18, 4:30pm – 5:30pm
• The progress of Flood Re
• Lessons learnt from winter floods
• A young people’s flood manifesto for change
• Brendan McCafferty, CEO, Flood Re
• Benedict Burke, president, Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters
• Mary Dhonau, chair of The Flood Protection Association and CEO of the Know Your Flood Risk Campaign
• Prof Maggie Mort, Dr Marion Walker, Dr Alison Lloyd Williams and Students from The Magna Carta School, Staines-upon-Thames
- Co-op hits out at software viability in IBM legal dispute
- Scor CEO rounds on 'baseless' threats from activist investor
- Insurers warn of red tape burden from EU green cards
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Ratings agencies shift Marsh outlook to negative over JLT deal
- Supply chain focus: How ADAS is shifting the goalposts in motor repair
- Video: Crif's Sara Costantini on improving fraud detection in commercial lines