Jonathan Evans, Conservative MP for Cardiff North, was re-elected as chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance & Financial Services at a meeting in the House of Commons last night.
Mr Evans, a former trade minister and member of the European Parliament, took over the chairmanship following the 2010 general election. Over the last year he ensured the group played a major role in the discussions about solutions to the challenge of providing affordable insurance to properties in high risk flood areas as well as facilitating an effective dialogue between a range of key regulators and Parliament.
The other officers were also re-elected to serve for a further year:
Joint Deputy Chairmen Rt Hon Lord Hunt of Wirral, Andy Love MP, Lord Newby
Joint Hon Secretaries Sir Edward Leigh MP, Heather Wheeler MP
The membership of the group continues to grow with Robert Buckland (Con, South Swindon) and Neil Carmichael (Con, Stroud) the latest to join.
A huge well done to all involved with organising our Remembrance Day event on Friday, including our Corporate Real Estate team. One of them, Ibrahim, took this incredible footage of poppies dropping as he (along with others) leaned (safely!) over the gantry to let them go. pic.twitter.com/pSbapkWBBR— Lloyd's (@LloydsofLondon) November 12, 2018
- Iprism chair declares turnaround complete after Gable fallout
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Amazon to shake up the insurance market by 2023, warn insurers
- Axa places 59 jobs at risk in claims restructure
- RIIG to enter liquidation following unpaid debts
- Legal consultation launched into driverless cars
- Debenhams urged to review links with Arron Banks' Eldon