The All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance and Financial Services turns its attention today (Tuesday 2 July) to some of the pressing issues surrounding long-term protection.
The meeting takes place in Committee Room 20, House of Commons at 4.30pm
Attitudes towards financial protection
Insurer Unum and think-tank Demos discuss the findings and policy recommendations of four recently published reports looking at financial protection in the UK and the attitudes of policy makers, workers and special interest groups to financial protection and resilience.
Peter O'Donnell, chief executive of Unum
Max Wind-Cowie, Demos
The meeting is open to members of the public but accommodation may be limited.
- Whiplash bill clears final hurdle before receiving Royal Assent
- Insurers warned a 'robust' system will be in place to monitor discount rate savings
- Motor insurers paying out record £23m in claims every day
- Four insurance businesses among latest Women in Finance Charter signatories
- Rising star: Declan Shaw, Cowens
- Staff at collapsed RIIG owed thousands in unpaid wages
- Relaunched insurer Folgate to write £35m in first year