Kemper Europe Re of Belgium is to become part of Swedish reinsurer Sirius. Sirius' parent, ABB, i...Kemper Europe Re of Belgium is to become part of Swedish reinsurer
Sirius' parent, ABB, is buying the company from GE Reinsurance Corp. for
an undisclosed sum. "The move allows Sirius to expand beyond its base in
the Nordic countries," said ABB. Kemper Europe Re's clients are
GE acquired Kemper Re's operations a year ago for $500m.
Bernhard Fink, chairman of GE's European reinsurance subsidiary ERC
Frankona, said the sale of Kemper Europe Re was "the last piece in the
puzzle" of that acquisition.
Kemper Re in North America has been renamed GE Reinsurance and its London
operations have become part of ERC Frankona.
- Zurich settles two claims from Westminster terror attacks
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Amanda Blanc makes first appearance as ABI chair
- ERS owners explore potential sale
- Customers in line for compensation as UK broker fails
- Insurance firm director jailed for 31 false claims and Manchester Arena terror attack fraud
- Zurich CUO takes on RSA UK role