Lloyd's broker Alwen Hough Johnson (AHJ), UK, has bought a 60% stake in Scandinavian (re)insurance b...
Lloyd's broker Alwen Hough Johnson (AHJ), UK, has bought a 60% stake in Scandinavian (re)insurance broker Nilson Brokers Re. AHJ said the Norwegian company's local expertise and its own modelling and analytical resources, as well as its access to global (re)insurance markets will strengthen their joint position in the reinsurance market.
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- Insurers attack 'misleading and wholly disingenuous' discount rate impact assessment
- Young driver curfew plans 'could have deadly consequences'
- Aviva's Neos hopes to double UK customer base by year end
- This week: Gaukward moment for insurers following Ogden change
- Half of industry growth over next five years to be driven by M&A, say insurers
- Blog: Diversity in insurance - how far have we come?