New Bermudian reinsurer Platinum Underwriters expects to write just under $1bn in net premiums this...New Bermudian reinsurer Platinum Underwriters expects to write just
under $1bn in net premiums this year. Platinum, which is the spun-off
reinsurance business of US insurer St Paul, began operations on 1 November
2002. It made a net profit of $6.4m on net written premium of $298.1m, of
which $292.3m related to reinsurance business assumed from St Paul. Net
investment income was only $5.2m because deployment of the portfolio was
delayed awaiting regulatory approval.
Click here for a
pdf of this story
- Majority of cyber policies are 'flawed'
- Aston Lark signals Ireland ambitions with acquisition of Robertson Low
- We Go Look co-founder steps down from CEO role
- Axa-backed Setoo plots UK Q1 launch
- Insurers to implement no-deal plans following Brexit vote
- Insurers issue no-deal Brexit warning over Green Cards
- Child sexual abuse claims on the rise