A hurricane hitting central Miami, Florida, could produce insured losses of over $50bn, the Insuranc...A hurricane hitting central Miami, Florida, could produce insured
losses of over $50bn, the Insurance Information Institute (III) of the US
has warned. A decade after Hurricane Andrew hit Florida and the Bahamas -
the costliest natural disaster in history with insured losses of $20bn in
today's prices - the III has warned that many businesses and homeowners
are still ill-prepared for the effect of hurricanes.
- 2018 Insurance Marketing & PR Awards: Full list of winners
- Marsh's JLT deal 'could drive further M&A'
- Marsh group buys JLT for $5.6bn
- Axa sees huge spike in cavity wall installation claims
- RSA's Carolyn Mackenzie on the delicate balance struck by whiplash reforms
- Allianz splashes out on Olympics sponsorship
- Police called to Brolly offices after overnight break in